I love cats, and as we do not own cats, I sometimes need to recharge my kitty cat battery with stranger cats. For that particular occasion, cat cafes come in handy for me. Often ordering at least one drink or some food is mandatory for your stay, but sometimes, I do not want to consume anything. I just want to have some space to play with cats. For that reason, Cats Planet in Causeway Bay, Hong Kong was really convenient for me.

The place is located right behind SOGO Department store in Causeway Bay. For 108 HKD you can play with the kitty cats for two hours, or one hour for 88 HKD, drinks included. The main purpose of the place is not to consume anything, but to actually interact with the cats. The store is decorated with care, and when you observe it carefully you can find many lovely details – and even hidden ninja kitties!

Entrance area of Cats Planet
Entrance area of Cats Planet
Kitty play area at Cats Planet
Kitty play area at Cats Planet

How do you start? When you enter, the staff will ask you how long you would like to stay and will ask you to pay in advance. While you store your shoes in a box at the entrance, she will ask you what you want to drink (different teas, canned coffee, and other canned soft drinks).

You have to carry your coat and bag inside the kitties’ play area and store them in a box under the seating area at the right side of the exit. Sometimes they are blocked by cats, and they will definitely try to enter the hidden space as soon as you open it, so be cautious!

Lots of kitties sitting in the bench were you have to store your stuff inside.
Lots of kitties sitting in the bench were you have to store your stuff inside.

Afterwards I stored my stuff away decided to study the kitty cat manual. You should actually follow them every time you encounter a cat:

Kitty cat mannual
Kitty cat mannual
  1. Please do not bring bags into the play area.
  2. Please do not wake the cats from their sleep.
  3. Please do not pull their tails.
  4. Please do not use flash while taking photos.
  5. Please do not lift, hug or pick up the cats forcefully.
  6. Please do not disturb the cats while they are eating.
  7. Please do not pat the cats’ butts.
  8. Please do not feed the cats with food from outside.
  9. Please do not tease the cats with straws.

After you are done preparing, become friendly with the kitties. While they were a little shy at first, they warmed up to me when I started to play with them after sitting between them quietly for a few minutes. After the first one started to play with me, a few others instantly joined us.

Cats Planet 喵星球 貓咪主題樂園 – How to recharge your kitty cat battery in Hong Kong

Cats Planet 喵星球 貓咪主題樂園 – How to recharge your kitty cat battery in Hong Kong

Some of the cats had to wear an e-collar because sometimes their playtime gets a little rough.

And sometimes, one tries to pick a small fist fight! But the staff stops them right away! Fighting is bad, do you also want to end up with a cone?

Cats Planet 喵星球 貓咪主題樂園 – How to recharge your kitty cat battery in Hong Kong

If you need some time to rest, you can quietly and softly pet one of the sleeping cats.

But do not forget what the manual said: please do not wake them.
But do not forget what the manual said: please do not wake them.

If you like, you can get a membership card with a photo of your favorite cat on it.

Cats Planet 喵星球 貓咪主題樂園 – How to recharge your kitty cat battery in Hong Kong

And if you like their Facebook page, they will give you two free postcards of your favorite cats.

Cats Planet 喵星球 貓咪主題樂園 – How to recharge your kitty cat battery in Hong Kong

All in all I spend a great time there – I was actually the only one when I went there and had the cats all for myself. Although I went there in the evening, many of them still enjoyed to play with me, ran and jumped around. All of them looked healthy and you could see that they take great care of them.

By the way, the staff member who was working there when I can looked really awful because she is allergic to cats. When I asked her why she worked there despite of her condition, she told me that she just loved her job so much. She just loves to take care of the cats.

After I was done, the same girl helped me to get rid of all the cat hair on me with two cloth brushes, so I could leave the place all clean. Thank you!

Have you ever visited a cat café before? Where was it and how were your experiences? I would love to hear your stories.

Cats Planet 喵星球 貓咪主題樂園

Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/CatsPlanetHK/
Address: Causeway Bay, Cannon Street No. 6, 渣菲大廈 Building, 4th floor
Closest station: MTR Island Line, Station Causeway Bay, Exit D1, or any Tram line which goes to Causeway Bay, SOGO Department store
Opening hours: Mon-Thurs 3pm-12pm, Fri-Sun 1pm-12pm
Price: 88 HKD for 1 hour, 108 HKD for 2 hours

16 thoughts on “Cats Planet 喵星球 貓咪主題樂園 – How to recharge your Kitty Cat Battery at a Cat Cafe in Hong Kong

• March 10, 2016 at 21:12

What idiot pulls tails? If you pull a tail, you deserve to get hit by the claws!

• March 11, 2016 at 22:29

There might be too many when they actually have to make a rule for it. 🙁

• March 11, 2016 at 22:30

I like this one better than the other one you went to. The kitties where much more active 😀

• March 11, 2016 at 6:15

What a lovely idea. Really enjoyed reading your post and looking at the lovely photos.

• March 11, 2016 at 14:23

Those cat cafes seem to be rather popular. There is one in Taipei now.

That girl must really, truly love her job. I don’t think I would be able to work under those conditions.

It is great that they also help you clean up before you leave.

• March 11, 2016 at 22:35

There are quite a few in Asia for quite some time now. There are even 2 in Austria now, one in Vienna and one in my small hometown, which is actually pretty surprising. I thought that people there might not be open for a concept like a cat cafe, but they are actually doing pretty well.

The girl working there looked so horrible, I think I also couldn’t do it. 🙁

• March 12, 2016 at 20:41

I have never visited a cat caffee before but I would love to. Not because I am such a cat lover but it is an interesting thing in my opinion. Thankfully I am not allergic to any animals that I know of (unlike my wife who is allergic to bunnies and guess what…we have two bunnies). The staff member must really love her job in order to work there despite her allergy, just crazy

• March 14, 2016 at 12:18

I think it is a good place to get in contact with animals if you do not own any – provided that they take good care of the pets.

I’ve been to an owl cafe in Japan (sorry, I didn’t know any better before…), and they actually tie down the owls inside the cafe so that people can touch them whenever they like. Now I advice against going to one of them. 🙁

• March 19, 2016 at 1:02

Cute cats in your photos. I’ve never heard of any cat cafes in the Seattle area. I get my cat fix when I visit my daughter. She has two.

• March 19, 2016 at 17:42

Looks like there is one in Seattle 😀

I would love to own a cat, but unfortunately it is impossible. There is a cat that visits my parents once in a while, so when I am there I always hope it shows up so I can cuddle it. 😀

• March 19, 2016 at 17:03

What crazy person thought of this idea and why don’t we have one of these in Suzhou! I miss having a cat but my wife can’t stand them. I’m reduced to feeding strays and reminding myslf not to touch them.

• May 24, 2016 at 15:50

Wow, it looks so big and well designed! I’ve been to smaller cat cafes in Korea and Japan and this one looks the nicest! I wish I could fill my house with cat furniture like that haha

• May 24, 2016 at 16:27

It actually looks like my dream apartment 😀
      I have been to many cat cafes before, but this one was probably the one I liked the most. The focus is on playing with the kitties rather than consuming drinks or food. And I was super lucky to be the only costumer at the time so I could play with them as much as I like.