I have to admit I am one of these women who tell their partner that they do not care about Valentine’s Day at all and that they do not want to get any presents – and then I am super upset when I do not get anything at all. Combined with Mr. Panda, who is as romantic as a sandwich, we sure make the perfect pair for an awful Valentine’s Day.

Not so this year! Thanks to 25,000 LED roses, we actually had our first romantic Valentine’s Day encounter.

Light Rose Garden at Central & Western District Promenade, Hong Kong
Light Rose Garden at Central & Western District Promenade, Hong Kong
25,000 LED Roses were installed
25,000 LED Roses were installed

From February 14th-16th 2016 they were spread all over the Central & Western District Promenade and offered an even more stunning view on the skyline. We went there once on Feburary 14th but were a little late, the lights were already turned off.

Hong Kong Island Skyline with Light Rose Garden in the front, February 14th
Hong Kong Island Skyline with Light Rose Garden in the front, February 14th

We resumed our date two days later and went there eraly, around 6:30pm, and also got a clear view at the skyline.

Hong Kong Island Skyline with Light Rose Garden in the front, February 16th
Hong Kong Island Skyline with Light Rose Garden in the front, February 16th
Hong Kong Island, view on Central District with Light Rose Garden in the front, February 16th

Although it was very crowded, we both enjoyed to look at the beautiful artificial rose garden. Security staff managed the crowd quite well and regulated all the people around the garden in one direction. With a little pushing it was therefore easily doable to circle the garden in about half an hour – with a lot of rose photos and selfies in between.

It was definitely the most awesome and memorable Valentine’s Day so far – with super cheap but super tasty Japanese Ramen afterwards! Thank you, Mr. Panda! ♡

玫瑰燈海園• 香港站Light Rose Garden – Making Valentine’s Day in Hong Kong even more romantic

Official Website: http://www.lightrosegarden.com/en.php

How did you spend this year’s Valentine’s Day? Do you even celebrate it at all? I would love to hear your stories.

15 thoughts on “玫瑰燈海園• 香港站 Light Rose Garden – Making Valentine’s Day in Hong Kong even more romantic

• March 6, 2016 at 20:15

Those are beautiful!

I didn’t know you were in Hong Kong. Are you making wedding plans? Or should I not ask. 🙂

• March 7, 2016 at 0:04

They are! The view was stunning. 😀

Follow me on Facebook, I posted some photos there. And yes the wedding… planning in progress. 😉

• March 6, 2016 at 23:06

I’ve seen it on the TV only 🙁 I think later on the person who does this exhibition will go to Singapore or something like that 😀

• March 7, 2016 at 0:02

I heard that they plan to exhibit them in other cities, but haven’t found any information about it online.

• March 7, 2016 at 4:37

The LED Rose Garden looks very romantic and I love the lights of the skyline in the background. I am glad that it was a Valentine’s Day to remember and you had the chance to return to see them lit up!

• March 7, 2016 at 11:36

Thanks. Yes it would have been such a waste if we missed them all lit up. Both views were quite impressive though. When we went there for the second time, we saw a pair getting their wedding photos one in front of the roses and the skyline. 🙂

• March 7, 2016 at 11:16

How gorgeous are those artificial flowers…I loved your comment (and am still smiling) about Mr Panda being as ‘romantic as a sandwich’….very funny…but glad you had your first Valentines encounter..nice.

• March 7, 2016 at 11:49

Thank you and great I could make you smile. I was also quite happy this year, I really did not see it coming.

• March 7, 2016 at 12:43

I have to say, the LED roses looked very impressive. Unfortunately, we were so busy over the lunar new year and we hadn’t had time to see them for ourselves. Glad you guys enjoyed it though.

• March 7, 2016 at 13:04

We were also so busy, but I really really wanted to go, and because it was not too far away we took a short detour on our way back home. Also we went to Victoria Peak a few days later and they also displayed a few roses at the museum there.

• March 10, 2016 at 5:54

Ah, I didn’t realise there is a museum in Victoria Park. I haven’t been there for a long time, so things must have changed since.

• April 5, 2016 at 20:08

The scenery in your photos are stunning! The flowers (even though made up of LED lights, instead of the natural kind) and the high rises both shone at night. Your photos brought back very fond memories of mine as a youngster in Hong Kong. I may be biased, but I think the skyline of Hong Kong is the most beautiful among all the cities worldwide. Thank you and Mr. Panda a lot for taking the pictures for the readers of your website. It means a lot to someone like me who originated from Hong Kong and do not get the opportunity to be there to see it with our own eyes. I hope Mr. Panda also had a very enjoyable and memorable Valentine’s Day. You mentioned that there was a couple of newly wed who took pictures in front of the flowers along the seashore. They were so lucky. It would be nice that you and Mr. Panda will get some wedding photos taken along the shoreline with the skyline of Hong Kong in the background in an evening in the near future. Finally, good luck to your wedding planning.

• April 7, 2016 at 13:23

Thank you 🙂 But you are right, Hong Kong’s skyline is beuatiful. I love the architecture of the skyscrapers and the different colors when they are in full light. 🙂

• April 7, 2016 at 19:30

One topic that Mr. Panda could write in your post (assuming you allow him to post in this website) is on the changes in the HK scenery comparing what he sees now versus what he saw when he was a child. The skyline, the sky, the streets, the habor, and the ferries, for example. I saw quite a lot of changes, some good and some bad (e.g., the sky, sigh!). I wonder whether he feels the same.

• April 8, 2016 at 12:52

I also thought about such a post already when I saw some old photos some time ago. Even I can see so many changes from the first time I was in HK and now. Maybe I’ll get him to work on a post together on that topic sometime.