These days, the weather has been cold, wet and foggy. Just perfect to stay inside, curl up on the couch and to be extra lazy together.

Therefore isn’t it just the perfect time for my guest post being posted on Speaking of China these days as I am too phlegmatic to write anything?

Here is a little teaser for you:

Why We Are Not Married (Yet)
I am tired. Tired of all the ‘Why are you not married? Do you want to break up?” questions, or the pronouncements of ‘Oh, he is ONLY your boyfriend!’ Tired of explaining our allegedly ‘not-so-serious’ relationship and why we are not married (yet). While I think that this little detail of saying ‘I do!’ is not of any concern to anyone, I do not want to see others belittle our relationship just because we did not seal our relationship in front of a random registrar (yet). Is our relationship not worth as much as that of someone who is already married? This could be due to varied reasons, liberal worldviews, no bureaucratic obstacles, or bad role models. Beyond doubt, not being married does not make our relationship less worthy, and to answer all of those questions: we do not plan to break up. Not now, and also not in the future. Why would we date and live together for more than seven years now? Mr. Panda and I have our reasons to shack up.

Mysterious and thrilling, isn’t it? You can find the rest here.

19174_247176378543_5968336_n

Grumpy gingerbread man says ‘Click and read the rest of the story!

181695_10150104403718544_5952942_n

“Purrrrrease read the rest! You’ll be purrreased!”

Why We Are Not Married (Yet)

8 thoughts on “Why We Are Not Married (Yet)

• December 11, 2015 at 1:49

My best friend and her partner have ‘not been married’ for over thirty-three years. They are very happy with children and a grandchild. It just doesn’t matter.

• December 11, 2015 at 13:28

So true. For me it would also be ‘just for fun’. I don’t care much, it’s not like I would break up with him just because he doesn’t want to. 🙂

• December 11, 2015 at 8:18

Thank you so much for posting a link to your guest post here! I’m so glad you wrote it. It’s so honest and offers another perspective on being in a relationship. Whatever happens between you and Mr. Panda, know that your relationship is valuable as it is right now.

• December 11, 2015 at 13:32

Thank you so much for everything, Jocelyn. 🙂

• December 14, 2015 at 6:25

Just read the article on Speaking of China! Congrats! 🙂

PS. That gingerbread man looks SO SCARY!!

• March 29, 2016 at 14:48

I know exactely how you feel – just the other way around. I got married in Japan, without telling my friends. For us, nothing changed with getting married. And honestly, I did not care about other people. Since we moved back to Germany a few years ago, I realized my friends always say “your boyfriend”, but actually meant my husband. I told them over and over again, I got married in 2005. Now they remember my husbands name and just call him “Daisuke”.

• March 29, 2016 at 22:49

Sometimes I get exhausted on how much weight is still put on a relationship status in 2016. Nothing changes really, expect for your last name – if you actually decide to change it at all.